Dry pasta in a pot? Sounds crazy, right? Let me assure you that this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is sooooo easy and it cooks the pasta a perfect al dente! It was a winner for my kiddos, because they ate it all up. Can we say WINNING!?
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
This recipe really is oh-so easy and delicious. I also love that I don’t have to mess up a ton of dishes to make a filling meal for my family. We add some toasted garlic bread and maybe a salad and call it a meal!
Here are the easy-peasy ingredients:
- 1.5 – 2 pounds of chicken breast, chopped
- 1 (22 oz) jar of alfredo sauce
- 1 pound pasta, broken
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- dash of pepper
- 2 cups water
- parmesan for garnish (optional)
A few pointers… to make the chicken cook faster, cut it into bite-size (or a little larger) chunks.
To cook it, add a little oil to your Instant Pot and turn it on “Saute.” Let the oil get hot, then add in the chicken. Cook all the way through (stirring as needed).
When it’s done, add all of the other ingredients to the pot and stir. Make sure the pasta is broken into smaller pieces and completely covered in liquid (as best you can). Stir to separate the pasta so it doesn’t cook in one large clump.
Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes – then quick release. Serve with shredded parmesan and man, oh, man – it’s delish!!
It doesn’t get any simpler than this.
Pressure Cooker Must Haves…
This creamy Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is delicious and so simple. You’ll have a meal ready for your family in no time!
- 1 22 oz. jar Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic (to taste)
- 1.5 – 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 16 oz. box dry pasta*
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups water
- Add oil to the pot and turn on “Saute”. When the oil is hot, cook the chicken in the pressure cooker until golden brown on the outside.
- Once the chicken is brown, add all other ingredients to the pot.
- Turn on high pressure for 5 minutes and quick release when finished.
- Enjoy with shredded parmesan, garlic bread and/or salad!
*If using spaghetti or alfredo or any other long noodle, break the pasta into smaller pieces.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American Italian
Keywords: pressure cooker, Instant Pot, chicken, alfredo, pasta, one pot