How to make the cookie dough crust.First, you want to prepare the cookie crust. This is the easist thing in the world. In a small bowl, mix together crushed chocolate chip cookies, sugar and melted butter. Press onto the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan and use the bottom of a glass to get into the corners – works great! Set aside.
Making the cheesecake filling.Next, mix up the filling. The secret to the filling is having the cream cheese at room temperature and mixing it until there are NO lumps. This could take several minutes of mixing with a hand mixer, but you want to make sure it’s super creamy and smooth! The last ingredient you’ll add to the filling (see details below) is the eggs. You’ll want to fold these in very gently with as little mixing as possible. I actually prick the yolks with cake tester then use a silicone spatula to mix it up – not an electric mixer! Pour the filling into your prepared crust and then gently tap the pan on the counter several times so that any air bubbles rise to the top and pop! Next, in a small bowl, you’re going to make the cookie dough. When it’s finished, take small spoons of the cookie dough and place them on top of the batter. Use a butter knife to push the dough down and then smooth it over the top so that the cookie dough is completely covered. Last step before cooking… tightly cover your pan with aluminum foil – this is very important to prevent you from ending up with a soggy cheesecake. I like to wrap it completely, bottom and top. Then place the pan on the trivet in your Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom, then seal the lid and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. After it’s done, let it naturally release. Remove it from the pot, take off the foil and let it completely cool on a wire rack. It will look VERY jiggly at this point, but that’s okay! After it’s cooled, place the cheesecake in the fridge to cool overnight. Keep it in the springform pan!!!
See some of my favorite Instant Pot accessories here!Before serving, you’re going to add the finishing touches that put this Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake over the top! Remove the sides from the springform pan. Then, using a large spatula or bench scraper, gently lift the cheesecake off the bottom and onto a plate or cake stand. Now you’re ready to make it pretty and extra delish! The recipe is below, but basically you’re going to mix warm cream and chocolate to create an amazing drippy chocolate glaze. Then drizzle it all over. I also added some fresh whipped cream and a few chocolate chip cookies just for good measure. 😉
The finished Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake.Print
This Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake is two of my most favorite desserts rolled into one… cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies. Or cookie dough rather ? Topped with ganache and cookies – this dessert is perfection!
- 15 Chips Ahoy! Cookies, finely crushed
- 3 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 (8 oz) packages Cream Cheese at room temp
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
For the cookie dough:
- 1 Tbsp salted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Whipped Cream and Chocolate Chip Cookies for garnish, optional
- Set out all ingredients to allow them to come up to room temperature.
- Prepare the crust by crushing the cookies, then mixing with the sugar and melted butter.
- Press crust into 7-inch spring form pan, prepped with non stick spray. Pack it tightly to the bottom and slightly up the side with a small glass or the back of a spoon.
- Next, make the filling by creaming the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Next, add in the sugar, and mix well. Add in the sour cream and vanilla, and mix until combined. Then add in the eggs. Mix them in slowly until just combined. DO NOT over mix. Add batter into the crust.
- For the cookie dough, mix all ingredients in a small bowl, then dip out by the teaspoon and evenly arrange over the cheesecake batter. Using a small spoon or butter knife, press the cookie dough down into the batter and smooth over until covered.
- Completely cover your pan with foil – top and bottom.
- Place one cup of water in your pressure cooker along with the trivet. Set on manual high pressure for 45 minutes. Add in the cheesecake, then place the lid on and make sure the valve is closed. Press start.
- After 45 minutes, do a natural release (do not open the valve). Once you can open the pot, take the cheesecake out, remove the foil and let it completely cool.
- Once cool, put your cheesecake into the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, make the ganache by microwaving the heavy cream in 30 second intervals until its steaming. Then pour it over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Then whisk it until smooth and drizzle over the cheesecake. Garnish with more cookies and whipped cream if desired.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, Chips Ahoy, Cheesecake, cookie dough, chocolate chip cheesecake, chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake, chocolate chip cookie dough, Instant Pot, pressure cooker