This classic Instant Pot Goulash is one of those one-pot meals that I will be making again and again! It’s hearty, easy, filling and delicious!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon, Beef Flavored*
- (2) 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- (2) 15-ounce cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté. When hot, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Then add the ground beef and brown it. When it’s cooked, drain off the excess water/oil.
- Add the water, Better than Bouillon, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, bay leaves, soy sauce, and the remaining seasonings. Stir well. Then stir in the elbow pasta.
- Put on the lid, set to sealing position, and cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
- Quick release the pressure when the time is up.
- Carefully remove the lid, remove the bay leaves, and stir. Do not leave on the “Keep Warm” setting or the pasta will get mushy.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!
* You could skip this ingredient if you like, or substitute 1 cup of beef broth for one of the cups of water.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 1
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Goulash, Soup, Stew, Beef, Pasta, American Goulash, American