- 3-pound pork roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup stock or water (I usually use chicken stock since I keep on hand)
- Add olive oil to bottom of Instant Pot liner
- Place pork shoulder or roast in bottom of Instant Pot on top of olive oil. This adds some flavor, but also helps prevent initial sticking in heating.
- Sprinkle seasonings over the top of pork. I usually mix them together in a small bowl ahead of time, but you can season in whatever method you prefer.
- Add in minced garlic.
- Top with stock or water (your preference).
- Add lid and set to seal.
- Select Meat option and set to 55 minutes.
- Allow to come up to pressure and complete the cooking process of 55 minutes. Quick release, and use tongs or fork to shred meat mixing with juices to help retain flavor.
- If you prefer a crisp texture, you may drain some liquid off and use the saute feature to crisp the meat for 4-5 minutes prior to serving. This is not necessary and is only a texture preference for some.
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, or any traditional toppings of your choice.
Keywords: Instant Pot Pork, Carnitas, pressure cooker, instant pot, pressure cooker