- 1 pound Andouille or Kielbasa sausage (pork & beef or turkey – use whatever you prefer)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dry kidney beans (or pinto beans)
- 3 1/2 cups broth (beef broth is richer, but any broth or even water works)
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- Ingredients for Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Turn your Instant Pot to Saute
- Add in butter, onions, and red wine. Saute for 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add in sausage, beans, seasonings, and broth.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set to seal.
- Set Instant Pot to Soup/Stew for 40 minutes on high.
- When cook time is over, manually release pressure then remove the lid.
- Stir in instant brown rice, and replace lid for 5 minutes leaving Instant Pot turned off. The existing heat in liquid with the lid on the Instant Pot will make sure the rice cooks through.
- Category: One Pot Meals
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Red Beans & Rice, pressure cooker, instant pot, red beans, rice