Have you ever had Seafood Pho? Or any kind of Pho for that matter? If you don’t know what it is– think of a bowl of ramen soup, that has a ton of veggies and whatever type of protein that you would like. Instead of seafood, you can have chicken or beef instead. This is just what our family loves and I wanted to share how easy it is to make your own Instant Pot Seafood Pho.
In order to make a good pho, the flavor is in the broth and as you know– broth can usually take an entire day to be filled with the flavorful goodness that you will want. However, with the pressure cooker you can have this in less than 2 hours!!
I highly suggest visiting a Asian food market for the chicken feet and white fish bones (any white fish is good.)
Instant Pot Seafood Pho
The easy part: Take all of the ingredients and throw them into the pot! This part is simply making the broth, which is all you will use for the soup.
You don’t have to use seafood. You could replace the seafood with chicken or beef. If you decide to use chicken, I would cook it with the broth and make sure to cut up the breast into large pieces. (You could also cook it separately, it doesn’t matter.) If you want beef, slices of beef chuck is best for pho. I would cook it separately from the broth so you don’t over cook it.
As far as the veggies, I would cook them to your liking. We usually just blanch the bok choy and squid together– they only need a short couple of minutes in hot water to eat.
My family loves pho so much that I buy enough ingredients and seal a bag with the food saver and freeze it, so we can have pho on demand! 🙂
Shop my Favorite Instant Pot Tools & Accessories…
- FOR BROTH
- 1 Ham Hock
- 2 Large Rock Sugar Pieces
- 4 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- Soy Sauce, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb Chicken Feet
- 1 1/2 lb White Fish Bones
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Granules
- 1 Onion, Cut into 4 pieces
- 1 Ginger, small piece
- 1 bunch Thai Basil Stems
- 2 Garlic Cloves, whole
- Salt, to taste
- FOR SOUP:
- 2 packages Rice Noodles (cook according to package directions)
- 1 Package Bean Sprouts
- Squid (optional)
- Bok Choy
- Crab (optional)
- Add all broth ingredients to the pressure cooker
- Fill with Water until the Max Line
- Set on High Pressure for 60 minutes, manually release the air for 30 minutes
- After the cooking process is done, take out all of remaining whole pieces of the broth ingredients until only liquid is left.
- Add whatever soup ingredients you want to a bowl then add the broth and enjoy!
- Category: Fish, One Pot Meals
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Seafood Pho, pressure cooker, instant pot, Seafood