Instant Pot Southern Green Beans are made with fresh green beans and bacon, of course, in true Southern-style. These are a terrific side dish any day of the week and especially perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years!
2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
½ cup chopped onion
4 slices bacon, cut into pieces
1 ½ cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
½ teaspoon pepper
- Turn on the electric pressure cooker using the “saute” function. When the display reads “hot,” add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon and reserve for garnish, if desired.
- To the electric pressure cooker, add the chicken stock and deglaze the bottom by scraping the cooked on pieces with a wooden spoon. Cancel the saute function.
- Add the onions to the pot and then the green beans. Season with salt and pepper.
- Seal the electric pressure cooker with the lid and turn the vent valve to sealing. Program the electric pressure cooker to cook on “manual” or “pressure cook” for 8 minutes. Release the pressure.
- Serve green beans topped with bacon, if desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: southern, southern-style, green beans, side dish, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Southern Style Green Beans, southern green beans