- 3–4 pound chuck roast
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small bag baby carrots
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- Peel and rough dice the onion.
- Rinse carrots and potatoes well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute, and pour olive oil into the pot. Sprinkle seasoning over both sides of roast, and place into Instant Pot.
- Sear on all sides. This usually takes 1-2 minutes per side. Press cancel to turn of the Saute feature.
- Pour red wine and Worcestershire sauce over the roast.
- Layer the onion, potato, and baby carrots on top of the roast and cover with 1 cup beef broth.
- Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and set to seal.
- Choose the Meat option and set to 45 minutes.
- When the timer is done, allow to natural release pressure. Remove the lid, and serve.
- You may reserve the liquid and make a gravy by simply turning the Saute feature back on and adding 1 tablespoon cornstarch to the mix and whisking well until thickened. Adjust salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Beef, One Pot Meals
- Method: pressure cooker
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: Pressure Cooker Roast Beef & Vegetables, pressure cooker, instant pot, pressure cooker, roast beef, vegetables