Last weekend I decided to pick up a whole chicken at the store so I could see How To Cook a Whole Chicken in a Pressure Cooker. We also ate this with a side of cauliflower mash (which was soooo good!). If you love a juicy chicken this is UHMAZING!
I was kind of skeptical that it was going to fit but it did! Here is how I cooked a whole chicken in the pressure cooker: (We use the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker 6Qt/1000W, Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior)
How to Cook a Whole Chicken in a Pressure Cooker
We started with adding carrots, celery, and onion to the bottom of the pot, but if you want to have crunchy veggies to eat, you may not want to do this. Our veggies came out really soggy and not really edible but you might not mind this. We didn’t really care for it and no one ate it. However, we did have a nice little broth at the bottom of the pot that you can save for cooking your cauliflower mash. 😉
Add one cup of water to the bottom of your cooker and season the chicken with salt and pepper or whatever else you would like.
Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes and quick release.
Umm, can you see that juiciness? Trust me, it’s so good!
Shop my Favorite Instant Pot Tools & Accessories…
- Celery (optional)
- Onion (optional)
- Carrots (optional)
- 1 Chicken
- Chop celery, onion and carrots and add to the pressure cooker (if you are using them)
- Add one cup of water to the pot
- If you aren’t using the celery, onion, or carrots add the rack that came with your pressure cooker to the bottom and place the seasoned chicken on top
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes
- Quick release pressure
- Serve with potatoes or veggies